- This event has passed.
Bringing the Generations Together
July 13 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Pathways for Older Adults, Professional Learning Program Join us at Village at East Farms in Waterbury on July 13 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. to explore building creative partnerships, developing relationships and addressing community needs by engaging people of all ages. Increased longevity has created more living generations than ever before. Despite the myth of intergenerational competition, interdependence and interest in more connection are often the reality.Information and Registration
- Review the impact on families-from grandparents raising grandchildren to families looking to bridge the geographical distance from their relatives.
- Explore successful projects from around the country (and close to home) that build friendship and understanding as well as meeting the needs of young and old.
- Learn about artistic and memoir collaborations, successful models for mentoring and tutoring as well as ways of working together for better communities.
- Share local examples of improving life through generational solidarity.
- Examine real-world examples to prepare you to expand the intergenerational programs in your community and organization.
Our trainer, Donna Fedus:
- has worked as a gerontologist for more than 25 years in hospital and university settings and with private clients.
- founded Borrow My Glasses, a company sharing fresh perspectives about aging and caregiving
- presented many well-received workshops for our learning series.
- Advance registration is required (space is limited).
- Event is free to people living or working in our region.
- Expect and interactive workshop with plenty of time for questions and discussion.
- Breakfast/registration is from 8:30 to 9:00 a.m.