Michael Sandifer and Pucci McGill help to serve a meal at Greater Waterbury Interfaith Ministries during the Western Connecticut Leadership human services session.
Investing in Leaders
We believe that thriving communities are built on creative partnerships and motivated residents who are deeply engaged where they live, work and play, and that strong leadership is integral to their success.
We invest in community leadership in Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills by:
- Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of nonprofits through organizational development, including workshops, roundtables, grants and our Cornerstone Community Partnership program.
- Providing training, funding and technical support to nonprofit organizations through our Nonprofit Advisory Institute
- Connecting “need with know-how” through our Western Connecticut Leadership program, which gives participants a deep understanding of community needs in our region and sparks volunteerism
- Providing funding to Waterbury residents to jump-start projects in their neighborhoods to create positive change, all through our grassroots grants.
- Uniting businesses, individuals and organizations in fundraising for the vital work of local nonprofits through our annual Give Local online giving event