At a workshop hosted by Connecticut Community Foundation’s grassroots grants program, attendees learned tools and tactics for working together to advocate for community change.
- To support equitable efforts to revitalize communities, influence local systems and foster youth leadership.
- To support a robust and collaborative network of multi-generational residents working together to achieve shared goals.
- Grassroots grants are available to residents of Waterbury, Connecticut and to nonprofit organizations based in Waterbury
- Applicants do not need to be a registered nonprofit to apply. We partner with Neighborhood Housing Services of Waterbury to be the fiscal sponsor for applicants who are not 501(c)(3) organizations
- Nonprofit organizations with annual operating budgets over $150,000 are ineligible to apply.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis but are only reviewed in odd-numbered months by the Grassroots Grants Committee. For example, for an application to be reviewed during the committee’s September meeting, the application must be submitted by September 1. Applications submitted between September 2 and November 1 will be reviewed during the November committee meeting.
- After receiving your grant application, we will schedule a time for you discuss your project with the Foundation’s Grassroots Grants Committee. This is a great opportunity for you to describe your project in greater detail.
Priority Funding Areas
- Community events that create and strengthen bonds between people
- Organizing and advocacy to effect change at the neighborhood level
- Voter engagement
- Educational campaigns on how to engage local systems
- Youth-led projects