So you think we haven’t met before? In fact, if you live, work or play in Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills, Connecticut Community Foundation has likely touched your life in ways you can’t imagine. Since 1923, when local residents pooled their dollars to create a permanent community endowment, the Foundation has been helping the region thrive—thanks to big-hearted, generous donors.
What we do
Established in 1923, Connecticut Community Foundation was created by and for the people of Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills. While serving this 21-town region, the Foundation provides leadership in addressing the community’s critical issues, strengthens local nonprofit organizations through grants and technical assistance programs, and works with individuals, families and corporations to steward charitable and scholarship funds.
Fostering creative partnerships that build rewarding lives and thriving communities.
Communities alive with partnerships that demonstrate the power of giving.
The Foundation strives to be open, strategic, and fair, demonstrating integrity and commitment for the long term: a welcoming partner that works to meet community needs by effectively transforming ideals into action.
Values the Foundation embraces and practices:
- Openness and accessibility, providing meaningful opportunities for engagement by all members of the community.
- Thoughtfulness, consideration, and empathy, to cultivate a supportive community.
- Informed, well-considered decision making based on shared knowledge, to address both ongoing and emerging community needs.
- Effective collaboration with partners, working together to serve the best interests of the community.
- Prudent stewardship of financial resources to meet donor intentions in support of the community, in perpetuity.