Apply for College Scholarships
Over the years, our big-hearted donors have recognized the importance of a college education in helping residents of our region succeed in life. More than 130 donors have created funds that make it possible each year for Connecticut Community Foundation to award college scholarships to hundreds of students.
We are now one of the largest college scholarship providers in the Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills region and we invite you to apply.
Below are the categories of college scholarships awarded by the Foundation and the application process for each.
February 15 (11:59 p.m.) for students wishing to renew their scholarships for another year (including Leever Scholarships).
March 15 (11:59 p.m.) for new scholarship applicants.
September 1 for Naugatuck Valley Community College scholarships.
Please don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application in case technical issues or questions arise.
Apply for a General College Scholarship
Most of the Foundation’s scholarships fall into this “general” category and the same application form can be used for all of these scholarships. To be eligible, students must reside in our 21-town area, possess a B- or higher cumulative academic average, and plan to attend an accredited college or university. Students of any age are eligible and applicants can be new, returning, or current college students.
- View the complete list of our general scholarships and criteria for applying to each. The form is downloadable and usable as a worksheet to determine your eligibility for each scholarship before applying.
- Renewing your scholarship: If you have received a general scholarship from the Foundation in the past, re-apply here by February 15.
- First-time applicants: If you have never received a general scholarship from the Foundation before, apply here by March 15.
Apply for a Special College Scholarship
The Foundation awards a smaller number of “special scholarships” that have unique application criteria and review processes.
The scholarships include awards from the Post University Malcolm Baldrige School of Business, Connecticut Army National Guard, Connecticut State Police Credit Union, Harris Family, H. D. Segur, Middlebury Lions Club, Persbacker Family, and Roxbury Volunteer Fire Department, among others.
- View the complete list of special scholarships and their eligibility criteria. The downloadable form can be used as a worksheet to determine your eligibility before you apply.
- Renewing your scholarship: If you have received a special scholarship from the Foundation in the past, re-apply here by February 15.
- First-time applicants: If you never received a special scholarship from the Foundation before, apply here by March 15.
Apply for the Harold and Ruth Ann Leever Scholarship
This scholarship is for children of McDermid, Inc. employees worldwide. In 2018, new Leever scholarship requests will no longer be considered; however, renewal of existing Leever scholarships will be considered. If you have previously received a Leever scholarship, re-apply here by February 15.
Apply for Naugatuck Valley Community College Scholarship
The Foundation provides college scholarship funds directly to Naugatuck Valley Community College (NVCC), which the school then distributes to eligible students. If you are planning to attend NVCC this year, please apply directly to them for a scholarship using the NVCC Scholarship Application rather than the general scholarship application above. Apply here by September 1