Purpose of Grants
Made possible through the Southbury Community Trust Fund, grants provide support for a variety of programs that benefit Southbury residents. Priority is given to proposals that demonstrate collaboration and strong partnerships.
- Social and Community Services: Support Southbury residents by providing access to basic needs, transportation, and affordable housing.
- Wellness and Health Education: Promote a healthy, vibrant community by encouraging access to prevention programs, fitness, and access to care for all ages.
- Enhancement of Youth Development: Foster positive identity, strong values, social competencies, commitment to learning, community service, empowerment, leadership, and resilience for Southbury youth.
- Aging and Livable Communities: Develop and promote programs that enable older adults to age in place successfully. May include: connecting older adults with benefits and services; reaching people who are underserved; home maintenance, chore, and home safety programs; and building age-friendly communities.
- Arts and Culture: Promote access to performing arts and fine arts programs for community enrichment.
- Environmental Awareness: Encourage the preservation, protection, and conservation of land, water, and wildlife.
- Cultural Heritage: Support Southbury’s tangible cultural heritage and town history.
Town of Southbury grant proposals are accepted twice annually. See Previous Town of Southbury Grantees