LGBTQ Fund Launch Party
June 2 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
LGBTQ Fund Launch Party June 2 4-6 p.m. Riverview House, Southbury Buy tickets
Join in the celebration of the new LGBTQ Fund at Connecticut Community Foundation!
Founded by local residents, the fund aims to celebrate and improve the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning people in Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills for generations to come.
We’ve come a long way, but challenges remain for LGBTQ people:
- According to a recent national survey, LGBT adults are most likely to be concerned about “having adequate support systems in place as they age, potential quality of services in long-term care facilities, and the lack of access to services specifically for LGBT seniors.”
- The same survey found that 52% of LGBT adults have concerns about discrimination or prejudice affecting the quality of health care they receive.
- A Connecticut survey found that 63% of LGBTQ students in the state faced verbal harassment based on sexual orientation, and that many LGBTQ students do not have access to resources and supports in school. While many students could identify at least one supportive educator, only 17% of students attended a school with a comprehensive anti-bullying/harassment policy that included protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
- Community Leader Gold $5,000: In recognition of your generous sponsorship, you’ll receive 10 tickets, you may fly a branded banner at the party, and your logo will link to your website from this page.
- Community Leader Silver $2,500: In recognition of your generous sponsorship, you’ll receive 5 tickets, you may fly a branded banner at the party, and your logo will link to your website from this page.
Buy tickets (Address of event will be shared after ticket purchase)