Build a Legacy
What difference do you want to make in your community — not just today, but years, decades, generations from now? What changes or progress do you dream of? How do you want to be remembered?
Through Connecticut Community Foundation, you can support the causes you care about most for generations to come. Whether it’s an unrestricted fund that will help address the changing needs of Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills; a field of interest fund that reflects your passion for education, the arts, the environment, health or another issue that moves you; a scholarship fund that makes dreams possible for local students; or some other philanthropic purpose you have in mind, Connecticut Community foundation offers a home for your philanthropic legacy. You can establish your fund through your estate plan by providing for a bequest in your will or trust, a gift of retirement assets, or a variety of gifts that may provide income for life to you or others. Donors who tell us they have included Connecticut Community Foundation in their estate plans become members of our 1923 Legacy Society.
We invite you to:
- Learn about the types of funds you can create
- Explore the types of estate gifts you might make
- Read about other donors and the legacies they have created
- Explore hundreds of funds created by our generous donors
- Learn about our services and experience
- Our Legacy Planning Resources can assist you with your planning