Cradle to Career
We believe in the importance of creating a continuum of support to ensure all children grow up healthy and successful. The following funding and coaching opportunities are available:
- Early child care and education initiative grants support children from birth through age eight.
- Youth grants support children and young adults between the ages of 9-21.
- Coaching for organizations that provide early care and education services.
- Youth travel grants support international experiences and community service for high school students.
Early Care and Education Grants
To increase the number of children reading on grade level by age eight by focusing on the literacy and social and emotional skills of children starting at birth so they are ready for kindergarten.
Early Care and Education Coaching Programs
Apply to work with an early care and education coach
Through this new initiative, child care centers in our 21-town region can access on-site consultation on the following topics:
- Classroom management
- Challenging behaviors
- Connecticut’s early learning and development standards
- Teacher, child and family Interactions
- Curriculum development and assessment
- Administration and supervision
Early Care and Education Research and Program Models
Applications for coaching are accepted on a rolling basis. Sites will be matched with a coach in the order that the applications are received.