The Women’s Giving Circle’s 2021 grant recipients include $5,000 awards to the following organizations:
- Girls with Impact of Greenwich to support its 2021 Entrepreneurial Academy which will equip twenty girls in the Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills region with business, leadership, college and career success.
- Madre Latina in Waterbury for its Young Representatives of Waterbury program, which is geared to Latina high school students in the city. Participants will learn leadership and civic engagement skills to make change in their community.
- Naugatuck Valley Community College in Waterbury to support its Women of Color Empowerment Collective. The program will enroll fifteen women of color to focus on leadership and college graduation.
- Save Girls on F.Y.E.R in Waterbury to support its Leadership Academy Summer Exchange Program. The grant will support additional summer activities for girls participating in the Save Girls on F.Y.E.R. Leadership Academy.
- Women’s Choice Charitable Association in Waterbury for support of its Community Doula Project. The grant will enable the organization to provide free doulas to women of color who are birthing in Waterbury and who face financial challenges. This program will work alongside prenatal care provided by local hospitals and obstetrician offices.
Two additional finalists, Girl Scouts of Connecticut and Sustainable CT, received $1,000 for general operating support.
What Membership Means
Members of the Women’s Giving Circle:
• Collaborate and network with a diverse group of generous people who value improving opportunities for women and girls in Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills
• Learn about community issues and effective philanthropy
• Share the joy of giving—together.
When it is time to make grants, circle members decide together the issues they want to support, such as employment, education, pay equity, housing, parenting or women’s health. Circle members review grant applications and make funding decisions together.
The Women’s Giving Circle is open to anyone who cares about women and girls in Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills. Members make a minimum annual contribution to the Women’s Giving Circle. Your investment also entitles you to invitations to Women’s Giving Circle activities and events and to cast a vote at an annual meeting to decide how the circle’s pooled funds should be granted to local organizations. Select a giving level that not only meets your needs, but has impact!
• $ 1000 Women’s Giving Circle Game Changer (or monthly payment of $84)
• $ 500 Women’s Giving Circle Community Hero (or monthly payment of $42)
• $ 250 Women’s Giving Circle Community Catalyst (or monthly payment of $21)
• $ 120 Women’s Giving Circle Community Builder (or monthly payment of $10)
Contribute, Renew or Join Now!
You can donate online or via check, and can give monthly or in a single installment. Checks can be made payable to Connecticut Community Foundation. Please include Women’s Giving Circle on the memo line. To join with a gift of appreciated securities, please contact Development Officer Mark Berardi.