The Women’s Giving Circle’s 2022 grant recipients include $21,000 awards to the following organizations:
- Madre Latina in Waterbury was awarded a $5,000 grant for its Young Representatives of Waterbury program focused on Latina high school students in the city. In addition to teaching leadership and civic engagement skills, Madre Latina will tap into its large network of partners to share and discuss mental health resources, mentor partnering and mindfulness training to decrease anxiety and depression while improving self-esteem.
- Women’s Choice Charitable Association in Waterbury received a $5,000 grant to support its Community Doula Project. It will provide free doula services to women of color birthing in Waterbury who face financial challenges. This program works alongside prenatal care provided by local hospitals and obstetrician offices.
- Greenwoods Counseling Referrals in Litchfield was awarded a $5,000 grant to support its financial aid program to help women pay for mental health care if they are underinsured or uninsured. The program helps ensure access to the care women need to build resilience, self-efficacy and wellness.
- Hidden Acres Therapeutic Riding Center in Naugatuck received a $5,000 grant for its Equine-Assisted Trauma Survivors program that will provide services to women and children who are survivors of domestic violence and trauma. The life skills learned will help participants manage symptoms of PTSD, depression, anxiety and social isolation.
- CNV Help, Inc. in Waterbury and Connecticut Renaissance in Shelton were each awarded $500 grants to support general operating expenses.
What Membership Means
Members of the Women’s Giving Circle:
• Collaborate and network with a diverse group of generous people who value improving opportunities for women and girls in Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills
• Learn about community issues and effective philanthropy
• Share the joy of giving—together.
When it is time to make grants, circle members decide together the issues they want to support, such as employment, education, pay equity, housing, parenting or women’s health. Circle members review grant applications and make funding decisions together.
FAQs for Women’s Giving Circle Grant Applicants
If you have questions about how to apply for a Women’s Giving Circle grant please visit our FAQs for grant applicants.
The Women’s Giving Circle is open to anyone who cares about women and girls in Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills. Members make a minimum annual contribution to the Women’s Giving Circle. Your investment also entitles you to invitations to Women’s Giving Circle activities and events and to cast a vote at an annual meeting to decide how the circle’s pooled funds should be granted to local organizations. Select a giving level that not only meets your needs, but has impact!
• $ 1000 Women’s Giving Circle Game Changer (or monthly payment of $84)
• $ 500 Women’s Giving Circle Community Hero (or monthly payment of $42)
• $ 250 Women’s Giving Circle Community Catalyst (or monthly payment of $21)
• $ 120 Women’s Giving Circle Community Builder (or monthly payment of $10)
Contribute, Renew or Join Now!
You can donate online or via check, and can give monthly or in a single installment. Checks can be made payable to Connecticut Community Foundation. Please include Women’s Giving Circle on the memo line. To join with a gift of appreciated securities, please contact Development Officer Mark Berardi.